Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Lebanon Show Choir Classic!

Hola readers! :)
So this last weekend I traveled with my show choir, the AristoCats, to Lebanon, Ohio for a competition. 
So here is how the weekend went. 

On Friday night, after a week of 6 hour practices each day, the AristoCats had our second preview show.
After our preview show, our group went out to eat at AppleBees. We always have so much fun when we eat together.
Here is Heather, awkwardly taking her food to go. (Notice the cheese sticks in her pocket)
after AppleBees, a group of us went to the drive-in for the midnight premier of the Hunger Games, my favorite book!
 This is us dancing on my car. I love my little girls!

These people mean the world too me!

After the premier, my little ones, Mantha and Smeather stayed the night with me. The next morning we woke up early to get ready for the 6 hour bus ride to Ohio. The bus driver ended up going the wrong way and it took us about 10 hours to get there.

On Saturday, we arrived at the competition ready to dominate. 
In our changing room, the hosts of our room made balloons with our names on them! sooo sweet :)
 Here is me and my little ones :)
and here is Taylor Lautner. YUMMY!

Our group ended up not making the finals, but we did win People's Choice award, for the second time in a row!
Our group has come a long way since Mrs.Baldwin left about 7 years ago. We started from absolutely nothing with one bad director after another. I'm extremely proud of our accomplishments.
Oh! I forgot to mention. I won best performer that night! I am so grateful for this. God is so good.
Here is my new friend, Zach. He got to give me my award. He was the best host ever and extremely sweet :) (this photo was stolen from the website, hence the little copyright thingy, oops :P)
After the competition, the group went out to eat at Cracker Barrel. It was delicious. 
Me, Samantha, and Heather decided to be fatties. YAY FOOD!

On Sunday, the group made the long journey home. Bus rides are so boring. But I did get a new hat on one of our stops!
I will always be a Manning fan, no matter what team he plays for.
#teamManning

We finally made it home around 4 o'clock and had to say our good byes after spending almost a week with each other.

 Here is me a Christopher with our awards and a part of our set. I love everything about this picture haha.
 Here is the new AristoCat's shadow box. Its the first time in 7 years we've had new awards to display!
and here is Ms.Erica Wonder. The director that changed everything. We miss her SOOOO much.

In the end, it was an amazing weekend. Even though we didn't place, I got to spend my weekend with my second family. I love this group of people with all of my heart. I am going to miss AristoCats so much next year. 

Well, keep me in your prayers as school starts back and as I begin teaching material for cheer leading tryouts this week.

soooo...


1 comment:

  1. I loved Show Choir...even though I was just in the band. It was a great 2 years. The trips were fun (and free). In addition playing the music, we were also like the Show Choir's roadies. That was fun too, haha.

    ReplyDelete